POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I insert a background image? : Re: How do I insert a background image? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I insert a background image?
From: hughes, b
Date: 12 Feb 2003 16:04:33
Message: <3e4ab6e1@news.povray.org>
"DCZX" <dow### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

> I can render objects okay, but how do I set a background image, like a
> starfield TGA for instance?

One way, and the least trouble if you have a image already made for mapping
to a sphere, is:

sky_sphere {
    pigment {
        image_map {
            tga "stars.tga"
            map_type 1 // for spherical
        }
    }
}

Other than that you could use a plane set far in the background, having that
pigment statement but using map_type 0 for planar mapping and scaling
appropriately.